Merryhill School is a multi-location school group with campuses in California, Colorado, Nevada, and Texas offering an outstanding private education to preschool, elementary, and middle school age students. Our preschools offer the perfect balance of learning and play, while our elementary and middle schools provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community. A career with Merryhill offers opportunities in education, summer camps, before and after school programs, and regional management with the support of our parent company, Spring Education Group.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for coordinating various facility and operational aspects of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building. Resourceful in solving problems, proactive in addressing potential issues. Maintains equipment and addresses facility needs with minimal direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential Functions:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Support and maintain the facility, building/grounds and all equipment (including fixed assets, cleaning supplies, etc. ) This includes handyman-type repairs and painting/patching.
- Contact vendors and get quotes for specialized repairs and submit quotes/estimates to supervisor for approval
- Works with vendors and oversee contractors as necessary
- Clean the cafeteria tables, sweep the floors after lunch(es), as necessary
- Periodic daily cleaning of the bathrooms throughout each day
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up.
- Monitor service visits for HVAC, elevator, fire systems, etc.
- Coordinate and issue building keys and work with I.T. for swipe card access.
- Maintain an eye on security concerns as it relates to facilities and grounds.
- Work closely with supervisor on long-term strategic facilities planning and campus ground upkeep.
- Work with supervisor to identify CapEx requests, obtain quotes, and prioritize requests
- Operate with resiliency and an ability to reprioritize tasks with a positive attitude.
- Run facilities errands as needed; assist in facilities work at nearby campuses as needed or assigned (mileage reimbursement to be provided)
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicated in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance and or applicable state background check to work in a school will be required for position.
Experience: 2+ years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a similar sized school. Working knowledge of building equipment (HVAC, BMS, Burglar, Fire & Sprinkler) a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $35.00