The Upper Elementary Spanish teacher is responsible for providing quality Spanish language instruction to elementary school students, with a primary focus on students in the 4th and 5th grades. The role involves creating a stimulating and engaging learning environment, developing and implementing age-appropriate curriculum, and assessing students' language skills. The ideal candidate should be passionate about teaching Spanish, adept at classroom management, and able to foster a positive learning atmosphere.Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Spanish language curriculum for 4th and 5th-grade students, including lesson plans, materials, and assessments.
- Create an inclusive and welcoming classroom environment that encourages active student participation and cultural appreciation.
- Teach Spanish language skills, including listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and facilitate language proficiency development.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods and resources, such as games, technology, and cultural materials, to make lessons engaging and effective.
- Assess students' language skills regularly and provide timely feedback to students and their parents/guardians.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance, as required by school policy.
- Collaborate with other teachers and school staff to align Spanish language instruction with the school's overall curriculum and goals.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay current with best practices in language teaching and pedagogy.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and communicate with parents/guardians about student progress and concerns.
- Promote cultural awareness and appreciation by integrating Spanish-speaking cultures and traditions into lessons.
- Ensure classroom safety and discipline while maintaining a positive and respectful learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Spanish, Education, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Teaching certification and relevant state credentials (preferred)
- Previous experience teaching Spanish to elementary students is a plus.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language and a strong understanding of Spanish grammar and culture.
- Strong classroom management skills and the ability to create a positive and respectful learning atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and students.
- Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods and technology for language instruction.
- Cultural sensitivity and a commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive classroom environment.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and a passion for helping students develop their language skills.
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree