Spring Education Group's Early Childhood Education Division includes nearly 150 schools offering services from infant care through Pre-K/K programs, as well as summer camp and after-school programs. Our locations span a nationwide geographic footprint and a diverse array of pedagogical approaches - including our proprietary Links to Learning curriculum that draws from the collective expertise of renowned early-age educators such as Dewey, Piaget and Vygotsky; Montessori schools that embrace both accredited Montessori methods - AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) and AMS (American Montessori Society); and progressive language immersion programs in Mandarin and Spanish.
• Shops locally, as necessary, for kitchen-related supplies.
• Knowledgeable of state nutritional requirements for children.
• Plans, posts, and follows approved menus that are nutritionally sound, making substitutions as needed, keeps accurate inventory records, and places food orders, all within center food budget.
• Serves food at appropriate temperatures and in appropriate serving containers (i.e. no cans and/or large hot pans in the classroom).
• Maintains effective, safe storage of food, cooking and serving supplies, equipment and utensils, and cleaning supplies in accordance with state and/or local regulations.
• Keeps the refrigerator, stove and hood, can opener and other appliances clean and in good working order.
• Cleans the kitchen counters and shelves, (spills on floors as needed).
• Lifts and carries bulk food appropriately when delivered and stores food on shelves above and below counter level in accordance with safety guidelines. May involve use of a foot stool.
• Keeps accurate meal and snack count records as required per district/region guidelines.
• Utilizes FIFO (first in - first out) food storage system.
SAFETY AND SANITARY PROCEDURES:
• Follows all SEG and local regulatory health, safety and hygiene procedures including but not limited to lifting, carrying (i.e. boxes, dishes, etc.), hand washing, etc.
• Effectively monitors and prepares food quantities daily and in accordance with SEG and local regulations.
• Serves food quantities and sizes which are age appropriate and based on the number of children eating that day.
• Adheres to child food allergy requirements, and/or any special dietary needs, and keeps an updated list in the kitchen.
• Empties and cleans trash and garbage cans.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes and cookware using the Sanitizer machine or local sanitizing methods as determined by the local Health Department.
• Understands emergency procedures and what to do in cases including but not limited to: fire, tornado, hurricane, and chemical leak, CPR/First Aid when necessary; including lifting and carrying injured children.
• Participates in emergency drills, including assisting staff with children.
• You are expected to perform your position according to SEG safety policies and procedures, as well as federal, state and local regulations. All safety concerns and incidents are to be reported immediately to your direct superior.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School education or equivalent (GED) required.
• Minimum two years relevant experience in a licensed child care facility kitchen, commercial kitchen, public school cafeteria, or equivalent.
• Required to have food service/food handlers' permit or license according to state/local regulations.
• Must be 18 years of age or older (23 years if performing a dual role as Driver).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time