As a Fourth/Fifth Grade Teacher at Sagemont Preparatory School, your role is to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal. The Sagemont School inspires academic excellence through intellectual exploration, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Students are encouraged to take responsible risks and develop a deep understanding of social responsibility as active agents of change. Our future innovative 4th and 5th grade Reading Teacher must also be compassionate, patient, observant, detail-oriented, creative, and think outside the box.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Sagemont Prep safety protocols.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
- Parent Orientation
- Back-to-School Night
- Winter/Spring Programs
- Open House
- School's Annual Family Events
- Science Fair
- Staff Meetings/Grade Level Meetings
- August Teacher Training Workshops
- Parent Conferences
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Prior work experience in an elementary classroom setting
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to shared services, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Life, and Disability benefits package
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. We offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools to show our appreciation.
- Continued education tuition savings through our University partners.
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree