The Substitute teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. A preschool substitute applicant must comply with all state education and licensing standards and maintains validation of credentials for the position.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Park Maitland policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Skills/Knowledge/Education:(Must have 1 of the following)
- Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
- Builds interpersonal relationships
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed, with passing grades, at an accredited or approved college or university, as well as, at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program. An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
- The Substitute teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. A preschool substitute applicant must comply with all state education and licensing standards and maintains validation of credentials for the position.
- A Florida Department of Children and Families Staff Credential Certificate. A current and valid Child Development Associate credential with the appropriate age-level endorsement issued by CDA National Credentialing Program of the Council for Early Childhood Professional.
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Certification