Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
Are you ready to start your journey in educating children and supporting an environment that ignites a fire within the students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child's unique educational journey?
L'Etoile French Immersion School is looking for substitute teachers to lead classes from preschool through 5th grade.
- Native or near-native English and/or French speaker
- Experience teaching in primary school, or working with primary school children
- Teaching degree preferable
- Experience as a substitute teacher a plus
- Availability at short notice helpful (when possible assignments will be given in advance)
- Organization, proactivity and initiative, kindness, patience
- Capacity to work with a team and to integrate a new class/level quickly
- Computer skills necessary
- Central Background Registry number in Oregon
- Follow lesson plans written by teachers + follow-up with a communication to teachers after
- Supervision during transitions and recess
- Preparation of work documents possible
- Cleaning and tidying up classrooms as needed
L'Etoile is open 5 days a week, 7:50 am to 6:00 pm. Substitute hours will vary depending on the needs of the school and your availability.
For immediate consideration, interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to Nathalie Berthelot, pedagogical director.
We are more than just a school - we are a community! Our goal is to uplift each other, work together, and uphold our guiding educational philosophy, providing the perfect balance of learning and play®. If you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals, join ours!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Temp
- Min Hiring Rate: $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree