BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper is seeking qualified candidates for the Associate Head of Operations starting immediately! What We're Looking For
The role of the Associate Head of Operations (AHOPS) is primarily responsible for executing and managing the finance, on-site human resource, IT, and facilities functions for the school site. Additional responsibilities include oversight of auxiliary programing, vendor selection and management, re-enrollment, training on operational procedures, and purchasing. The AHOPS is expected to partner with the Head of School to ensure that academics and operations meet BASIS and SEG standards. The position is responsible for the direct supervision of an operations staff of approximately 7 to 10 employees. Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversee the physical operation of the school including security and IT; maintain the school inventory of hardware and software.
- Manage the school payroll, activities fees, capital expenditure, and technology budgets.
- Partner with the Head of School on decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- Manage human resource functions for school employees in partnership with the Central Office Human Resources team including onboarding/offboarding, timesheet reviews, status change requests in Dayforce, leave of absence and ADA needs, and employee relations matters.
- Research, evaluate, purchase, and manage school facility needs including building maintenance, housekeeping, and grounds.
- Manage the purchase of all supplies including textbooks and school operating supplies.
- Arrange bids and develop specifications for all outside contractual work.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities including the scheduling and management of required drills (fire, lockdown, etc.).
- Manage the front office and specialized support staff.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all school assets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized: Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to deescalate high emotion situations; find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication: Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Judgement: Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information; ability to think analytically and strategically.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
Education: MBA or Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance Card and or applicable state background check.
Experience: 2-4 years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a school-setting; Financial/HR/facilities experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SharePoint Benefits
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $85,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $100,000.00