Merryhill School is hiring for a Part-time Before & After school counselor position for our campus in Sacramento, CA
The Before and After School Counselor implements creative and engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and the collective/individual interest of the staff and student body.
- Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the school.
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
- Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process. Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
- Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly, including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as SEG management and operations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $18.50