The Elementary Floater Teacher will report directly to the Los Gatos campus each day and will receive the teaching assignment for that day to support in one of our KG - 4th grade classes. If classroom coverage is not needed, the floater will assist the teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the Director as needed. Per business needs, travel might be required to support other campuses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising Director.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in a classroom setting preferred.Employment Status:
10 month school yearCompensation:
$55,000 - $65,000 annual salaryLocation:
Stratford School 20 Kensington Way, Los Gatos, CA 95032Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree