The Spanish Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a plan of instruction appropriate for elementary students with an emphasis on reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar, and speaking. This is a part time position working 10 hours a week. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Spanish curriculum in accordance with Stratford policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Spanish teachers to plan and implement the Spanish curriculum for students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Spanish culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Spanish curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Must be fluent in both Spanish and English language.
Prior work experience in a classroom setting teaching Spanish strongly preferred.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $33.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree