The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of the classroom children age's three to five. This person must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, including meeting the minimum educational requirements as set forth by the local licensing agency.
Our Preschool Teacher position at the San Francisco Parkside campus is eligible for a one time sign on bonus of $1,750
for a new employee hired to the position. The bonus is payable upon 90 days of completed employmentDuties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all local licensing agency regulations as well as Stratford safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, Stratford Teacher training sessions, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintain classroom bulletin boards displaying student artwork.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent Orientations, Workshops and Conferences, Winter/Spring Programs, Open House, Stratford School's Annual Family Events, Staff Meetings
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have twelve post-secondary semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed, with passing grades (C or better), at an accredited or approved college or university. The units specified shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum. Or a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development.
An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.Benefits:
- Stratford School tuition discount
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College