The Assistant Principal will aid the Principal in the overall administration and supervision of Merryhill School. The Assistant Principal is responsible to support a safe and disciplined school environment. Adhering to the organization's core values - respect, excellent customer service, always improving, collaborative culture, and high expectations- the Assistant Principal maintains a climate of continuous improvement in student achievement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assume responsibility for the Principal's duties in their absence.
• Assist in maintaining student discipline and overall student achievement.
• Edit newsletters and progress reports.
• Support and implement Stratford policies and directives.
• Assist in the orientation of new staff members.
• Assist the Principal in the supervision and evaluation of classroom instruction.
• Serve in a supportive role with parents, teachers, and students to promote a positive school culture.
• Work in conjunction with the school principals in supervising all school activities and special events.
• Assist the Principal in creating classroom schedules and other activities as necessary.
• Perform such duties and responsibilities as the Principal assigns.
• Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
• Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
• Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
• Be punctual and reliable.
• Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
• Treat all children with dignity and respect.
• Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students, parents, and staff.
• Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
• Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
• Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
• Dress professionally, well-groomed, and neat.
- Strong customer service both external and internal
- Cooperative and builds interpersonal relationships
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
The candidate shall have completed one of the following:
- High school graduation or GED; completion, with passing grades, of twelve semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education at an accredited or approved college or university; and at least four years of teaching in a licensed day care center or comparable group child care program.
- Twelve semester units required shall include courses that cover child growth and development, or human growth and development; child, family and community; or child and family; and program/curriculum.
- An AA degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in early childhood education or child development and at least two years of teaching experience in a licensed day care center of comparable group child care program.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in early childhood education or child development and at least one year of teaching experience in a licensed day care center or comparable group child care program.
- A Children's Center Supervisory Permit issued by the California Commission or Teacher Preparation and Licensing.
- Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking.
- Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety.
- Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to shared services, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Life, and Disability benefits package
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. We offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools to show our appreciation.
- Continued education tuition savings through our University partners.
Location: 1115 Orlando Avenue, Roseville, California Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $75,000.00