This Director of Marketing position is both exciting and complex, requiring an organized yet nimble "brand management" perspective - focused on strategic planning, budgeting, and marketing analytics as well as driving marketing projects from inception through tactical execution.
The role encompasses both project management and a KPI-based (Key Performance Indicator) results approach to Marketing, in support of the Stratford School
brand, campuses, and programs. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for driving both new student lead acquisition/enrollment and existing student retention/re-enrollment.
Specific deliverables will include overall marketing initiatives planning, in-depth execution of both Online and Offline Marketing programs, and analysis of program results. Additionally, the role requires working cross-functionally to coordinate marketing program planning, data management, and implementation. The role requires a self-starter who has strong project management skills, is results-driven, and is also adept at fostering relationships across the organization.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Strategic Growth who provides strategic leadership for the overall growth and development of Spring Education Group's school brands, of which, Stratford School is the largest. Reporting into this role are a Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and a Marketing Coordinator.
- Acquisition Pipeline
- Drive lead generation with a strategic focus on schools with excess capacity
- Expand CRM initiatives (in partnership with Central Admissions and the local schools) to cultivate lead conversion through the pipeline (Leads -> Tours -> Applications -> Enrollment)
- Cost-effective lead generation
- Improve and optimize cost-per-lead and cost-per-enrollment of the various marketing programs and vehicles, while also increasing lead volume
- Increase overall brand awareness via strategic brand marketing initiatives (e.g. offline paid media, public relations earned media, grassroots events, etc.).
Duties & Responsibilities (not all-inclusive):
- Marketing Program Planning and Execution
- Media strategy & planning
- Marketing vendor management
- Marketing calendar management
- Marketing budget management
- Online and offline campaign management (via vendor and/or internal resources)
- Analysis and reporting on marketing program performance
Creative & Communications
Support Senior Marketing and Communications Manager with:
- Creative strategy/direction for marketing programs
- Management of internal & external creative resources
- Communications oversight (external PR and internal "central" parent/staff communications)
- Emergency communications
- Marketing projects
- Return on Investment analysis for lead generation
- Budgeting including allocations to appropriate marketing channels based on ROI
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines, balancing multiple projects
- Action-oriented and results-driven with strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships internally and externally, and at all levels of the organization
- A sound understanding of and experience with a full range of marketing vehicles with a track record of achievement in marketing campaign management
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Education and Experience:
- Accredited college Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of marketing experience, including extensive experience in lead-generation-based marketing
- Education sector experience preferred
- Position supports hybrid work with a combination of standard office environment work at our Campbell, California Home Office and remote work, as well as periodic site visits to our school campuses in the Bay Area and in Southern California. Position frequently involves long hours and widely diverse duties. Must be able to bend, stoop, perform extensive walking, and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Works in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a diverse array of contacts. Extensive computer time and extended periods of sitting. Travel by car and air when necessary.
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $125,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $135,000.00
- Travel Required: Yes
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree