The Preschool Music Teacher will be responsible for the general supervision and management of the music program at our Stratford School. San Francisco 14th Street campus. This person must be professionally prepared to provide music accompaniment to Preschool/Pre K children during music time.
This is a part time position working 10 hours a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the music curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Preschool/PreK teachers to plan and integrate the curriculum within the music program.
- Assist teachers with the use of rhythm instruments.
- Intermediate or greater piano playing skills.
- Ability to sight-read and play from memory.
- Organize materials and supplies for each day's activities.
- Monitor and assess student performance.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and teacher regarding student issues.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Learn basic elements of music including the great composers.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong instrumental skills, including piano accompaniment
Fluent sight reading is required.
Prior early-childhood experience preferred Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $35.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $45.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School