Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.Position Summary:
The floater will report directly to the assigned campus each day. The person selected for this position will be responsible to serve as an elementary/middle school floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the campus as required. The floater teacher will work under direct supervision of the assigned campus principal.
$2000 SIGN ON BONUSDuties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Responsible for supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the appearance and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training programs as required.
- Participation in all school events as needed, including but not limited to; Parent/Student Orientation, Winter Programs, Spring Open House, Fall Open House, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Workshops, Stratford School's Annual Family Event, and Parent Conferences.
- Maintain close communication with the principal regarding student issues
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
- The teacher shall also have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
- A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or
- Prior work experience in an elementary classroom setting preferred.
Salary range $50,000-$70,000
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $70,000.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree