The Roving Elementary Floater Teacher will report directly to the assigned campus each day. The person selected for this position will be responsible to serve as an elementary floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the campus as required. Floaters play a critical role within Stratford School. Any time a vacancy in the classroom occurs, the floater position may be required to fill these job duties. The floater teacher will work under direct supervision of the assigned campus principal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Responsible for supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the appearance and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend staff meetings and in-house training programs as required.
- Participation in all school events as needed, including but not limited to; Parent/Student Orientation, Winter Programs, Spring Open House, Fall Open House, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Workshops, Stratford School's Annual Family Event, and Parent Conferences.
- Maintain close communication with the principal regarding student issues
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
The teacher shall also have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
Prior work experience in an elementary classroom setting preferred.
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound. Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $60,000.00