At our Stratford Schools San Bruno campus, we are seeking an Elementary Teacher for the general supervision and management of one of our lower elementary classrooms.
Stratford is offering a one time $2,000 sign on bonus payable to the employee upon 90 days of completed employment.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent Orientation, Back-to-School Night, Winter/Spring Programs, Open House, School's Annual Family Events, Science Fair, Staff Meetings/Grade Level Meetings, August Teacher Training Workshops, and Parent Conferences
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in an elementary classroom setting is preferred. Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $70,000.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Start Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2023