Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
Spring Education Group is seeking a skilled and experienced Benefits Manager to join our team and oversee the administration and management of our employee benefits programs. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of group benefits and 401(k) administration, strong leadership and management skills, exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and a proven track record in leaves of absence management and workers' compensation administration. As a Benefits Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and satisfaction of our employees while maintaining compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the employee benefits program, including group health, dental, vision, and other offerings; 401(k) plans; Leave of Absence/Accommodations and Workers' Compensation program, ensuring they align with company policies and objectives.
- Lead and manage a team of benefits administrators, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback to ensure a high level of service delivery.
- Manage daily benefits including the processing of benefit enrollments, COBRA, maintenance of employee benefits file transfer of data, employee benefit deductions, accurate and timely audits, etc.
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment including plan configuration, eligibility and enrollment files, communication, benefit guides, and summaries.
- Manage 401(k) plans including eligibility, enrollment, employer matching, loans, accurate and timely auditing, 401(k) compliance testing, annual financial audit, etc.
- Oversees the administration of leaves of absence, accommodations, and the Worker's Compensation Program via third-party vendors.
- Oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of invoices for the Finance Team.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of benefits regulations and best practices to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, including ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, and other relevant regulations in order to maintain compliance and efficiency, and provide guidance.
- Utilize your strong Microsoft Excel skills to analyze benefits data, prepare reports, and provide insights to inform decision-making and improve program offerings.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, benchmarks, and emerging technologies to continuously enhance the organization's benefits offerings and processes.
- Manage relationships with benefits carrier and vendors
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes as well as HR, School Leader, and employee-focused training materials. Evaluate and revise internal processes as needed to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure exceptional customer service to employees by addressing their benefits-related inquiries and concerns promptly and effectively.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
Experience:5-10 years of progressive experience in benefits administration, with a focus on health and retirement plans.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations related to benefits, leaves of absence, and workers' compensation.
- Proven experience in managing a team and fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting purposes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex benefits concepts to employees at all levels.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify trends, recommend solutions and drive process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) are a plus.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to shared services, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Life, and Disability benefits package
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. We offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools to show our appreciation.
- Continued education tuition savings through our University partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree