The Substitute Elementary Teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. This is a on call position.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Follow the lesson plans left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with the Stratford School's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- If long term substitute, develop lesson plans as appropriate for the class and students.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment while covering the classroom.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Special duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
A completed BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
Prior work experience in an elementary classroom setting preferred.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $30.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Start Date: Monday, August 28, 2023