The Substitute Preschool Teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. This is a on call position.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Follow the lesson plans left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with the Stratford School's philosophy, goals and objectives.
- If long term substitute, develop lesson plans as appropriate for the class and students.
- Organize nap and snack hours
- Supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Interact with other teachers and administrative staff as needed
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment while covering the classroom.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Special duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have twelve post-secondary semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed at an accredited or approved college or university.
The units specified shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum. Or a completed Bachelor's Degree in Child Development.
Prior work experience in an preschool classroom setting preferred.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $28.00
- Required Education: Some College