Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting the team lead and principal in the general day-to-day Middle School study hall operations. This person will work under direct supervision of the study hall team leader and principal.
Part time position working Monday - Friday either 10:45am-6pm or 2:45pm-6:00pm General Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Assist in implementing the daily program under the supervision of the study hall team lead and principal.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Supervise and interact with students during outdoor activities.
- Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the study hall team lead.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Attends required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.
High school graduate or GEDPhysical Requirements:
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $19.50
- Max Hiring Rate: $23.00
- Required Education: Some College