The Substitute Preschool Teacher is an on call position that reports to the Kids World campus when needed. The person selected for this position will also be responsible to serve as a substitute and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the principal. This person must be a fully qualified preschool teacher and must meet all of Kids World's qualifications for preschool teacher.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Step into a classroom and implement daily lessons for the preschool children.
- Cover in the office as needed.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Kids World policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment.
- Maintain close communication with the director and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have 12 semester or 18 equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed, with passing grades (C or better), at an accredited or approved college or university, as well as, at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program. An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
Be able to complete a criminal background check without the need for an exemption.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $17.50
- Max Hiring Rate: $18.50
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College