Sagemont Preparatory School builds a solid academic foundation students need for future success. Classes are led by dedicated, caring teachers who value open communication with parents. We provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community.
Our students are academically successful and capable of transferring their knowledge and skills to new challenges. Our teachers are proud to be part of our educational team because they are supported by an innovative curriculum and receive ongoing professional development from our education department.
Sagemont Preparatory School is seeking a science teacher to support our high school students for the 2023/2024 academic year. As a Sagemont Prep teacher, you must be enthusiastic, warm and have excellent communication skills. You must be able to explain complex concepts in an engaging way to our students. We're also looking for someone who can work independently and prioritize tasks according to their importance. If you're passionate about teaching, we want to hear from you. Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
- Educate students in advanced science topics
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent/Student Orientation, Spring/Winter Programs, Open Houses, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Conferences, School and Department Meetings, and Teacher Training
- A bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in a field of study in or related to science
- At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the middle school level.
- Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
- Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
- A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
- A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
- A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree