The person selected for this position will be responsible for carrying out all the duties necessary for the day-to-day elementary lunch and extended care operations during our summer program at Stratford School. The Lunch and Extended Care Teacher is responsible to supervise students by sight and sound and ensure their health and safety at all times. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises students during lunch and extended care to ensure their safety at all times.
- Plan and organize after school arts and crafts, games, and outdoor activities.
- Monitor and assist children going to the bathroom and drinking faucet.
- Monitor and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratio.
- Assist in implementing the daily program under the supervision of the extended care team lead.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor play. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor playtime.
- Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the extended care supervisor.
- Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Maintain professional attitude.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.
Completed High School Diploma or equivilant
Being a strong communicator and having an abundance of patience is the key to success for our lunch and extended day professionals.
Ability to work with children and others. Physical Requirements:
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound. Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School
- Job Start Date: Monday, June 12, 2023