Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
We are currently looking for a caring, organized Summer Camp Counselor who has strong communication skills to join our team for our Summer Camp Program.
If you have a passion for working with small children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to our children, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team. Job Duties:
• As a camp counselor, you oversee the overall operation of the specialty area by properly supervising campers and other assigned co-counselors.
• Ensures accountability for campers in the specialty areas by conducting continuous headcounts.
• Ensures camper allergies and dismissals are managed while in a specialty area.
• Adheres to the daily activity schedule as assigned by the Camp/Extended Care Director.
• Properly supervises campers and co-counselors.
• Plans implement and leads specialty area activities and provide a supply list to the Camp Director.
• Encourages camper participation in specialty activities and events. As a leader sets the example by being an active participant in specialty camp activities and events.
• Ensures the safety of campers and counselors in specialty area.
• Reports all accidents and injuries to the Camp/Extended Care Director or Camp Coordinator and completes accident reports.
• Handles camper behavioral problems and provides acceptable discipline.
• Informs the Camp Director of continuous behavioral issues with specific campers.
• Maintains open communication with parents in a courteous and professional manner.
• Attends all scheduled camp staff meetings.
• Assists with arrival/dismissal time in Walkers or Car Pool areas as requested.Essential Skills & Experience:
Two (2) years of previous experience in an educational/recreational field or working with children with supervisory experience required.
Knowledge of working in a camp environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work with children and others.
Successful plan, implement and lead camp activities/games.
Be organized and professional
Continually provide superior customer service.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $20.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School
- Job Start Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2023