Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
Do you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals? Then, join ours! We are currently looking for caring and energetic teachers to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, if you provide the best education and care to students, if you work collaboratively, and if you want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
The physical education teacher will be responsible for the general supervision and management of the athletic program at Evergreen Academy. This person must be professionally prepared to teach physical education to young children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the physical education curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of athletic equipment.
- Responsible for procurement, maintenance, and inventory of the P.E. equipment
- Know all athletic standards and requirements for young children, including the basic rules of sports and safety standards for each student.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school athletic events and other special events as needed.
- Must maintain a current CPR and first aid.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish a non-punitive method of sustaining sportsmanship, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Administer and prepare students for the annual Presidential Physical Fitness Program.
- Responsible for the development and coaching of the Stratford School intramural or after school sports program.
- Setting up and managing athletic events.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- BA degree preferred and at least three years experience as a coach of a sports team.
- The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sports at the elementary level.
- Evidence of coaching theory and techniques in sports.
- Possess a valid CPR and First Aid card.
- Must have passed a physical, criminal background check, and other personnel forms as listed in the Employee Handbook.
Salary Range $52,000-$56,000
Our schools build a solid academic foundation students need for future success. Classes are led by dedicated, caring teachers who value open communication with parents. We provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community.
Our students are academically successful and capable of transferring their knowledge and skills to new challenges. Our teachers are proud to be part of our educational team because they are supported by an innovative curriculum and receive ongoing professional development from our education department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $52,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $56,000.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree