Position Summary: This individual will provide quality customer service, both internal and external, in the operations of Stratford School. The Office Administrator (OA) will perform all general administrative and office functions on campus.
Customer Service Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides superior customer service to students, parents, and staffs.
• Cares for sick and injured students.
• Schedules and organizes activities such as parent tours, school picnics, and extended care clubs.
• Screens and takes messages, including fielding/answering all routine and non-routine questions.
• Pro-active in handling parent issues and concerns.
• Uses discretion in all office communication with parents and staffs.
• Handles confidential and non-routine information professionally and explains school policies tactfully.
• Responds to customer requests within 24 hours by telephone or e-mail.
• Manages student enrollments, withdrawals, and wait lists (if applicable) efficiently and timely. Communicates withdrawal information promptly to the principals.
• Enters parent/student inquiry and tour data in CRM and schedules tours in CRM and on tour calendar.
• Provides new student orientation on the designated form, including explaining and/or calculating the pro-rated tuition.
General Office Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs desktop publishing such as flyers, school newsletters, etc.
• Data entry and student enrollment processes.
• Maintain student and office files in a neat and orderly manner, easily understood by all office staff. Ensures all required paperwork is provided and in the student files. Provides proactive follow-up when necessary.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
• Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies when necessary.
• Maintains student medical information, medication, and food allergy action plans.
• Coordinates mailings as necessary.
• Inventories and maintains classroom and office supplies. Coordinates the purchase of supplies with the purchasing department.
• Proofreads and edits all outgoing correspondence.
• Assembles inquiry packets and enrollment packets.
• Assist and attend special events and other school functions as requested by principals.
• Exports, prints and maintains student sign-in and sign-out sheets, attendance sheets, student injury and illness forms, allergy sheets, and Licensing and enrollment forms.
• Assist the principals in the management of his/her schedules and/or assist with special projects assigned by principals.
Superior customer service Oral and written communication Public relations Organization skills, multitasking and prioritization Flexibility Interpersonal skills, friendly and outgoing Team player Strong work ethic
Minimum of a High School diploma required Experience working in a school setting or similar office environment General computer skills Microsoft Office proficient
Physical Requirements: Generally works in a standard office environment. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Occasionally, lift up to 30 pounds. Works in a fast-paced, high pressure environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a diverse array of contacts. Extensive computer time and sitting are necessary in this position. Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $29.00