Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
Our people are the heart of Laurel Springs School culture. We take pride in creating amazing, innovative experiences that help our K-12 students transform their lives through learning. This position is responsible for helping mold the future of Laurel Springs School as an online, private school that delivers learning experiences in new and innovative ways. One of the primary responsibilities of this position is to provide exceptional customer service to parents and students. The Business Office Coordinator provides support related to student accounts and student records and is available to answer questions from students and parents through various means of communication.
• Completes general office tasks such as mailing, scanning, printing, and filing.
• Assists with enrollment processing and tuition payment processing and follows up with customers who may have past due balances and tuition payment declines.
• Assists with processing credits and refunds, as needed.
• Requests educational records for incoming students and tracks receipt.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all student academic records and updates the Student Information System (SIS), as needed.
• Manages the integrity and security of student records and maintains confidentiality surrounding student records and information according to FERPA guidelines.
• Communicates with parents, students, and administrators regarding the status of student accounts and records requests via phone and email.
• Provides accurate and timely responses to student account (receipts, statements, etc.) and records (transcripts, IDs, diplomas, proof of enrollment letters, etc.) requests.
• Ensures that all operations are in accordance with all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to: NCAA, UC a-g, WASC, Advanced Ed, Laurel Springs Handbook, and Company's policies and procedures.
• Collaborates cross-functionally to research and resolve issues promptly and effectively.
• Acts as backup on departmental reporting.
• Informs school leadership of customer feedback as it relates to changing needs, trends, and issues that are affecting customer satisfaction. Keeps management abreast of all outstanding issues.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience & Credentials:
• High School diploma required; associate's degree or higher preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in customer service or related field, education field preferred. Experience in billing, collections, and student records preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in applied technology such as Microsoft Office applications and experience with customer management systems.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
• Candidates must have the flexibility to work extended hours to resolve customer needs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including typing and data entry.
• The ability to work well within a team environment.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail.
• Strong empathy for customers, ability to listen to customers, and understanding and responding positively to their requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School