Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
The Before & After School Counselor implements creative and engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of the staff and student body.
- Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the School.
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students, and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
- Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
- Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately and neatly, including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as NLCI management and operations.
- The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid and Advanced Lifesaving, where applicable.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $22.00
- Required Education: High School