BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a School Health Coordinator!What We're Looking For
The School Health Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our School Health Coordinator will work together with our student support team to monitor student health needs and provide appropriate services while building strong relationships with parents, students, teachers and supportive members of the school community.Your Primary Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains standards of first aid care for the emergency treatment of student injuries and illness during the school day and keeps a high level of neatness, cleanliness and organization of the health clinic.
- Organizes and maintains student health records, medication cabinet and medical administration and daily clinic records, and prepares required reports.
- Collaborates with the student support team to develop protocol and programming for the safety and well-being of the students in grades PK-12.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with student support team and families regarding student health and well-being.
- Reviews records from students' previous school and communicates with families required updates of student health records (e.g. immunizations).
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Collaborates with the operations team to develop protocol and programming for a hygienic facility.
- Supports school attendance by working closely with students who must use medication in the treatment of illness or chronic disabilities.
- Supports school administration by performing tasks related to student data collection and responding to frequently asked questions. Assigned additional tasks and projects as needed to support the entire school function.
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate's degree and valid fingerprint clearance. Knowledge of child and adolescent growth and development. Experience treating minor injuries and/or providing medical support to patients or students. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Flexible hours are required.Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Medical Assistant strongly preferred. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.Benefits
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Hourly