Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the Principal serves as the educational leader of the school to which he/she is assigned. Adhering to the organization's core values - respect, excellent customer service, always improving, collaborative culture, and high expectations- the Principal maintains a climate of continuous improvement in student achievement.Specific duties include the following:Business Operations:
• Serves as the educational leader of the elementary school, and responsible for its day-to-day operations.
• Adheres and ensures compliance with local governing and licensing agencies.
• Support all WASC accreditation initiatives.
• Ensures compliance with local and state regulations, and maintains the National Association of Independent Schools Principles of Good Practice. Staff Development and Student Outcomes:
• Directs the activities of the Faculty/Staff in the performance of their duties.
• Serves as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methodology, and general school procedures.
• Conducts regular meetings and professional development opportunities with faculty.
• Oversees student performance and academic achievement.
• Recruit new staff: attend recruitment events, interview and evaluate candidates for recommendation.
• Supervise, guide, mentor, train and coach teachers and other extended care staff directly and through role modeling.
• Conduct regular classroom visits to record and review teaching excellence criteria and ensure effective implementation of curricular and technology initiatives.
• Collaborate with Regional Director regarding:
o Selection of materials
o Implementation of curriculum improvements
o Strategies for overall school enhancementsSchool Operations:
• Assigns daily staff duties and schedules: recess, lunch, arrival and dismissal.
• Maintains a comprehensive calendar of school events.
• Creates a supportive and open and collaborative environment for faculty and staff.
• Planning school assemblies and special events.
• Attends professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education, minimum of one per school year.
• Keeps the Regional Director informed of the general programs, activities, and problems of the elementary school.
• Customer service, both internal and external, is given top priority, and builds rapport with students, parents, and staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.Candidate Qualities:
• Exudes courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership style that engenders support among colleagues, staff and the community through his/her knowledge, experience, creativity, vision and dedication to the school's mission.
• A leader who can clearly articulate the vision of the school and has the ability to inspire both internal and external customers.
• A creative individual who thinks globally, works collaboratively, is open to new ideas and embraces change.
• Demonstrated leadership in ability to teach, train, supervise and support teachers in best practices. Personal Attributes:
• An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards of excellence.
• A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and compassionate about relationships with others.
• A mission driven individual who leads by example with enthusiasm, passion, and sparking intelligence. Job Specifications:
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in education, early childhood, child development, human development, or administration/management, including one year of teaching experience.
• One course completed in supervision and administration, or staff relations.
• The principal shall be certified and current in Pediatric First Aid/CPR.
• Three - four years of teaching experience
• Must have strong proven track record
• Microsoft Office proficient Physical Requirements:
Position frequently involves long hours and widely diverse duties. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Lift up to 30 pounds. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety Extensive computer time, sitting and driving are necessary in this position. Air travel may be necessary from time to time. Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $95,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $105,000.00