Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
The Mandarin Teacher will work as part of a team to develop a plan of instruction appropriate for preschool - pre k with an emphasis on vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. This person must be professionally prepared to teach Mandarin to young children. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Stratford School.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Mandarin curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Mandarin teachers to plan and implement the Mandarin curriculum to students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Mandarin culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of Mandarin curriculum at your campus.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events and other special events as needed; Back-to-School Night, Open House, Stratford School's Annual Family Picnic, Staff Meetings and Trimester Grade Level Meetings.
- Monitor, document, and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student progress and issues, and conference as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to your principal.
- Contribute a monthly section to the school newsletter.
- Establish a non-punitive method of seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the principal, including morning arrival and departure procedures.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
An educational background with early childhood units shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity. Must successfully clear criminal background check.
Mandarin fluency is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $29.00
- Required Education: Some College