Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
We are currently seeking an experienced Honors Algebra 2 Teacher to teach our Summer School program. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a high-quality learning experience for our students in a condensed and accelerated summer format.
- Develop and deliver engaging Algebra 2 lessons and activities using the school's established curriculum.
- Assess student learning and provide feedback to students and families regularly.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to ensure continuity in student learning and progress throughout the summer program.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and attendance.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians regarding student progress and any concerns that may arise.
- Create a positive and supportive classroom environment that promotes learning and academic achievement.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Education, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in mathematics
- Strong understanding of Algebra 2 curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and academic achievement
This position will be part-time and run for the duration of our Summer School program, which is 6 weeks long (June 12-July 28) from 9:00-12:00. The ideal candidate will be available for the entire program duration and can commit to the full teaching schedule.
If you are a motivated and experienced Algebra 2 teacher looking for a summer teaching opportunity, please submit your resume detailing your experience and qualifications for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate: $40.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $40.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree