Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
Rhoades School in Encinitas, CA is hiring for a Preschool Teacher:
Our school builds the solid academic foundation students need for future success. Classes are led by dedicated, caring teachers who value open communication with parents. We provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community. Our students are academically successful and capable of transferring their knowledge and skills to new challenges. Our teachers are proud to be part of our educational team because they are supported by an innovative curriculum and receive ongoing professional development from our education department. If you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals, join ours!
The Preschool Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of the classroom children age's two to five. This person must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, including meeting the minimum educational requirements as set forth by the local licensing agency. Additionally, the teacher agrees to uphold the high expectations and standards of Rhoades School.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all local licensing agency regulations as well as Rhoades safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with Rhoades School policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, Teacher training sessions, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintain classroom bulletin boards displaying student artwork.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the Director and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the Director.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Implement the Stop and Think Social Skills program as promoted by Rhoades School.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
Parent Orientations, Workshops, and Conferences
Rhoades School's Annual Family Events
August Teacher Training Workshops
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
- Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
- Builds interpersonal relationships
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills/Knowledge/Education: (Must have 1 of the following)
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have twelve post-secondary semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed, with passing grades (C or better), at an accredited or approved college or university, as well as, at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program. The units specified shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum. An official transcript from the approved university/college must verify the coursework.
- A current and valid Child Development Associate credential with the appropriate age-level endorsement issued by CDA National Credentialing Program of the Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition, and at least six months of on-the-job training and/or work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program.
- A Child Development Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Six months of prior work experience in a licensed child care program or comparable group child care program.
- BA Degree in Child Development, as well as, at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program.
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to a standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $28.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College