Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
The Elementary Floater Teacher will report directly to the Los Gatos campus each day and will receive the teaching assignment for that day to support in one of our KG - 4th grade classrooms. If classroom coverage is not needed, the floater will assist the teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children, or provide assistance to the Director as needed. Per business needs, travel might be required to support other campuses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising Director.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in a classroom setting preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Max Hiring Rate: $70,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Start Date: Tuesday, August 8, 2023