BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Auxiliary Programs Coordinator for immediate hire!What We're Looking For
As the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator, you are responsible for supporting the Operations team on logistics and administrative detail. The Auxiliary Programs Department manages non-academic aspects of school activities including (but not limited to) after-school programs (clubs/sports) and summer programs. In this role, you must comfortably wear many hats and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.Your Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the four main departments (Auxiliary Programs, Facilities, IT, and Front Office) under Operations to assist with their daily objectives
- Assist with field trip coordination and logistics
- Oversee fiscal responsibilities for our after-school program known as Late Bird
- Assist with internal events -- ensure proper execution and be on-site when needed
- Assist with building rentals and being on-site when needed
- Substitute for front office as necessary
- Assist with coordination and logistics of after-school clubs and sports (extracurriculars)
- Assist with competitions/bees
- Other tasks and duties as needed
- Possess superb organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a willingness to work as a team and cross-departmentally
- Have a positive attitude and excitement for work tasks
- Be detail-oriented
- Have a growth mindset
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have the ability to give presentations to students/families
- Have experience working with elementary students
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with retail or property management preferred
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Hourly