Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
The Preschool Floater teacher will report directly to the Kids World campus each day. The person selected for this position will also be responsible to serve as a floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children or provide assistance to the principal as needed. Any time a vacancy in the classroom occurs, the floater position may be required to fill these job duties. The floater teacher will work under the direct supervision of the principal.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the classroom and/or front office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Cover front office receptionist duties when needed. Student files, school calendar and phone coverage.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Kids World policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to; Parent/Student Orientation, Winter Programs, Spring Open House, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Workshops, and Parent Conferences.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the director while covering a classroom.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules, and taking the initiative to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Educational background with early childhood units shall include 12 semester or 18 quarter unit courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate: $18.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $21.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College