Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
The role of the Full-Time Laurel Springs School Teacher is to engage global K-12 learners in an education that values them as individuals, integrating their passions and pursuits into academic and career pathways, and fostering inquiry, growth, mastery, purpose, and independence. Specifically, the teacher will support the academic progress of each student and communicate that progress to parents and school staff. The Teacher will manage and participate in a variety of synchronous and asynchronous learning environments and activities that allow students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
Laurel Springs will have openings in the following grades and subject disciplines:
- Middle School English, math, science, and social studies (grades 6-8)
- Upper School English, math, science, and social studies (grades 9-12)
- Advance the mission of the school by supporting asynchronous and synchronous student learning through our online learning management system and other learning platforms.
- Demonstrate content area expertise and model best practices in online teaching.
- Monitor academic progress of each student to ensure mastery and timely completion of enrollments.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for students and families during their academic year.
- Provide substantive, motivating, personalized, timely, and constructive feedback for all student assignments.
- Implement a multi-tiered system of support in collaboration with staff.
- Plan and teach synchronous sessions as needed.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff.
- Participate in professional development, practice self-assessment, and strive for continuous improvement.
- Support the curriculum team with content creation and course reviews.
- Communicate proactively with students and families via email, telephone, videoconference, and other channels as needed.
- Proactively offer ample opportunities for students to seek and receive extra help and for parent conferences via virtual office hours and appointments.
- Participate actively in the school community by leading and joining clubs, in-person and virtual field trips, and other school-sponsored experiences.
- Maintain a virtual environment that is safe, healthy, appropriate, and conducive to learning.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as LSS management and operations.
- Aid students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by fostering an inclusive environment of support and belonging.
- Encourage initiative and a sense of responsibility for learning in students.
- Reflect attitude and behaviors that value diverse perspectives and experiences and a growth mindset.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in education field, subject matter or equivalent.
- Teacher credential preferred.
- Advanced degree in education or core subject matter preferred.
- Previous online teaching experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail and digital resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the role it plays in education today
- Ongoing compliance with state and local regulations relating to background checks and credentials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deploy technology to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents and the administrative team.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and families.
- Ability to travel to attend in-person events, meetings, and training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Online Private School
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: Yes
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree