Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Director of Enrichment and Summer Programs
Campus: Stratford Preparatory
Position Status: Exempt
Reports to: Head of School; dotted-line to Head of Operations
Who We Are
Stratford Schools is a premier network of private, secular day schools dedicated to providing superior educational outcomes for students from preschool through high school. Our network currently includes over 25 campuses across California, each offering a unique and dynamic learning experience designed to meet the needs of our diverse student body. Stratford School's purpose, "Connecting students to their unique futures," reflects our commitment to showing young people how they can successfully and independently develop the knowledge, skills, and depth of character they need to thrive in a transforming world.
Our newest campus, Stratford Preparatory, is a coeducational middle and high school currently serving Grades 5-10, with an expected enrollment of approximately 750 students in the upcoming school year. Building on 20+ years of creating outstanding educational outcomes for our students in Preschool to Grade 8, we are expanding Stratford School's mission through high school. We began this journey by relocating Stratford Raynor Middle School (Grades 6-8) and welcoming our first class of Grade 9 to our new Blackford Avenue campus in San Jose in the Fall of 2022.
Stratford Preparatory provides a rigorous and engaging college preparatory curriculum that focuses on the real-world application of engineering, technology, and leadership skills. We offer a breadth of Advanced Placement (AP) and dynamic post-AP college-level courses. Additionally, we provide students with opportunities to become confident learners, generous in spirit, and eager to pursue their passions. Stratford Preparatory is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators excited by the opportunity and challenge of growing a new school and ensuring our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a Director of Enrichment and Summer Programs passionate about providing students with high-quality, engaging, and enriching experiences that support their academic, social, and emotional growth. This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of all enrichment programs, including after-school clubs, extended care, and summer programs. The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, and able to build strong relationships with students, parents, faculty, and external partners. This is a full-time, year-round position.
If you are excited about this opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our student's lives, we encourage you to apply.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Program Design, Development, and Implementation
- Plan, design, and implement enrichment and summer programs that align with the school's mission and values.
- Collaborate with other school leaders to ensure the enrichment, extended care, and summer programs are integrated with the academic program and respond to the changing trends and needs of the school community.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation and assessment of all programs to ensure effectiveness and make improvements as necessary. Presents quarterly program metrics and update reports to the school's leadership.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay current on best practices in enrichment and summer programming.
- Develop and manage budgets for all programs and ensure that financial goals are met.
- Hire, train, and supervise faculty and staff to ensure the highest quality of instruction and care for students. Fosters staff motivation and recognition.
- Ensure all programs meet health and safety standards and adhere to school policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with teachers and program staff to ensure effective communication and engagement with parents and families regarding program activities, student progress, and other related matters.
- Responsible for procuring necessary equipment, supplies, and materials for all programs, ensuring that all purchases are within budget and in compliance with school policies and procedures.
- Manage all program-related inquiries and concerns, responding promptly and professionally to all communication from parents, students, and staff, and scheduling and conducting tours of the program facilities as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of enrollment, attendance, and financials.
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to promote the school and attract new students through enrichment and summer programs.
- Partner with the Communications and Marketing Coordinator on the development and revision of all marketing materials.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in program development and management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of child development and experiential learning.
- Experience in marketing and outreach.
- Must be able to attend occasional meetings and events outside of normal school hours, including evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $90,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree