Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Campus: Stratford Preparatory
Position Status: Exempt
Reports to: Head of School
Who We Are
Stratford Schools is a premier network of private, secular day schools dedicated to providing superior educational outcomes for students from preschool through high school. Our network currently includes over 25 campuses across California, each offering a unique and dynamic learning experience designed to meet the needs of our diverse student body. Stratford School's purpose, "Connecting students to their unique futures," reflects our commitment to showing young people how they can successfully and independently develop the knowledge, skills, and depth of character they need to thrive in a transforming world.
Our newest campus, Stratford Preparatory, is a coeducational middle and high school currently serving Grades 5-10, with an expected enrollment of approximately 750 students in the upcoming school year. Building on 20+ years of creating outstanding educational outcomes for our students in Preschool to Grade 8, we are expanding Stratford School's mission through high school. We began this journey by relocating Stratford Raynor Middle School (Grades 6-8) and welcoming our first class of Grade 9 to our new Blackford Avenue campus in San Jose in the Fall of 2022.
Stratford Preparatory provides a rigorous and engaging college preparatory curriculum that focuses on the real-world application of engineering, technology, and leadership skills. We offer a breadth of Advanced Placement (AP) and dynamic post-AP college-level courses. Additionally, we provide students with opportunities to become confident learners, generous in spirit, and eager to pursue their passions. Stratford Preparatory is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators excited by the opportunity and challenge of growing a new school and ensuring our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
We are seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager to join our school leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving both the strategy and execution of internal stakeholder communications and playing a crucial role in communicating the vitality of our school community to the Stratford Schools network and our local and external community. Your ability to anticipate and respond to both the communication needs and wants of our internal stakeholders will constantly be tapped while you act as the "storyteller in residence" for our school. In this role, you will successfully use communications to support the admissions and talent acquisition efforts led by the Head of School and Head of Operations. The position directly reports to the Head of School, with indirect accountability to the Stratford Schools network Senior Communications and Marketing Manager. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Collaborate with Stratford Schools communications and marketing, network admissions teams, local admissions team, and school leaders to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies, ensuring consistency with the school's mission and vision.
- Generate content based on a collaboratively developed editorial calendar highlighting curricular achievements, school values, and community events.
- Maintain and drive positive traffic to social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram and update review sites such as Yelp and Niche.
- Ensure clarity, efficacy, and consistency of messaging across departments (academic newsletters, administrative policy, enrichment, summer programming, college counseling, media relations, etc.
- Act as a point-person for external inquiries (outside general admission inquiries), overseeing organizational response in close collaboration with school leaders.
- Achieve tangible outcomes through media that enhance the prestige of the school and increase opportunities for students/families (internships, research)
- Manage media release permissions and ensure balanced student/family representation within school publications.
- Oversee execution of and contribution to a twice-yearly survey monitoring student and parent satisfaction.
- Track and report alumni activity
- Have a unique gift for storytelling and communications
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Have a passion for education and the mission of Stratford Schools
- Be a voracious learner - you keep on top of trends in communications, particularly in the digital and social media space
- Be excited at the prospect of establishing and improving upon best practices in communications
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize and work on several projects at once
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have superior judgment in crisis scenarios
- Have a collaborative attitude - you must be a team player
- Have persistence and uncanny project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in communications, writing, public relations, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media management tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to attend occasional meetings and events outside of regular school hours, including evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $75,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree