Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
Campus: Stratford Preparatory
Reports to: Middle School Principal (Grades 5-8)
Who We Are
Stratford Schools is a premier network of private, secular day schools dedicated to providing superior educational outcomes for students from preschool through high school. Our network currently includes over 25 campuses across California, each offering a unique and dynamic learning experience designed to meet the needs of our diverse student body. Stratford School's purpose, "Connecting students to their unique futures," reflects our commitment to showing young people how they can successfully and independently develop the knowledge, skills, and depth of character they need to thrive in a transforming world.
Our newest campus, Stratford Preparatory, is a coeducational middle and high school currently serving Grades 5-10, with an expected enrollment of approximately 750 students in the upcoming school year. Building on 20+ years of creating outstanding educational outcomes for our students in Preschool to Grade 8, we are expanding Stratford School's mission through high school. We began this journey by relocating Stratford Raynor Middle School (Grades 6-8) and welcoming our first class of Grade 9 to our new Blackford Avenue campus in San Jose in the Fall of 2022.
Stratford Preparatory provides a rigorous and engaging college preparatory curriculum that focuses on the real-world application of engineering, technology, and leadership skills. We offer a breadth of Advanced Placement (AP) and dynamic post-AP college-level courses. Additionally, we provide students with opportunities to become confident learners, generous in spirit, and eager to pursue their passions. Stratford Preparatory is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators excited by the opportunity and challenge of growing a new school and ensuring our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Middle School Vice Principal to join our school leadership team. The Middle School Vice Principal is responsible for assisting the Middle School Principal in academic leadership and operations of a middle school, ensuring a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, and supporting the academic and social-emotional needs of students and teachers. This position requires a strong commitment to the education and well-being of middle school students, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and the community. This is a full-time, year-round position.
- Assist the Middle School Principal in the overall management of the school and serve as acting principal in their absence.
- Create a supportive, open, and collaborative environment for faculty and staff. Direct and support faculty and staff in performing their duties.
- Provide instructional leadership and support to teachers in developing and implementing high-quality curriculum and instruction. Serve as a consultant to teachers in classroom management, teaching methodology, and general school procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate teachers using teaching excellence criteria, providing constructive feedback and support for professional growth, and ensuring effective implementation of curricular and technology initiatives.
- Manage and supervise student behavior and discipline in partnership with the Middle School Dean, ensuring school policies and procedures are followed and students receive appropriate consequences to learn and grow from their mistakes.
- Collaborate with teachers, leaders, and other staff to develop and implement academic and social-emotional programs and interventions that support student success.
- Participate in school-wide committees and initiatives, such as school improvement planning and WASC accreditation initiatives.
- Attend professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education.
- Ensure compliance with local and state regulations and maintain the National Association of Independent Schools Principles of Good Practice.
- Support the Middle School Principal in developing and managing daily staff duties, schedules, events, budgets, and other administrative functions.
- Coordinate and supervise school-wide events and activities, such as assemblies, dances, and field trips.
- Give top priority to customer service, both internal and external, building rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Middle School Principal.
- A mission-driven individual who leads by example with enthusiasm, passion, and sparking intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to middle school education.
- Exudes courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership that engenders support among colleagues, staff, and the community through their knowledge, experience, creativity, vision, and dedication to the school's mission.
- Articulates the school's vision and can inspire internal and external stakeholders.
- A creative individual who thinks globally, works collaboratively, is open to new ideas, and embraces change.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to teach, train, supervise, and support teachers in research-based practices.
- An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards of excellence.
- A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and compassionate about relationships with others.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited or approved college or university, Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in school leadership, preferably within a charter or independent school
- Technologically savvy
- Must be able to attend occasional meetings and events outside of regular school hours, including evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: School Administration
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree