BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Bellevue is seeking qualified candidates for a Physical Education Teacher for the coming school year!Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.
Our campus in Bellevue, Washington is in the center of one of the most influential regions in the world. As such, our facility and campus speaks to the culture of our program and the type of learning community that grows here. BASIS Independent Bellevue is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!What We're Looking For
As a Physical Education teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students about different types of exercise, sporting skills, attitude, and health topics.
PE teachers lay a foundation by incorporating basic principles of warming up, stretching, and cool down. A focus on attitude, performance, and sporting skills is utilized to benefit students. PE teachers also have the unique opportunity and ability to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to incorporate and enhance student learning by blending PE content with other subjects, such as science or history. Our PE Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Physical Education (PE) for elementary and middle school-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Independent teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Has deep knowledge of subject taught
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content and well-planned, well-paced lessons
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and "do whatever it takes" mind set
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree in the subject area. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children- not necessarily in the classroom- and be open to new ideas in teaching.Benefits
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. The range is 55K-80K.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Salary