Stratford School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a leading independent WASC-accredited private school from preschool through 12th grade was founded with a vision of creating an unique, multi-dimensional, educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in his or her own way. Our purpose statement speaks for all of us - "Stratford School - Connecting students to their unique futures." Our proven curricula includes our STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEM education. Our steadfast commitment to this vision continues to guide our growth each year. It is the First California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.
As a Elementary Floater Teacher at the Stratford School San Francisco De Montfort campus, applicants must be a college graduate and meet all other Stratford requirements for a teaching position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
- Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade-level meetings, and in-house training programs.
- Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Curriculum.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
- Parent Orientation
- Back-to-School Night
- Winter/Spring Programs
- Open House
- School's Annual Family Events
- Science Fair
- Staff Meetings/Grade Level Meetings
- August Teacher Training Workshops
- Parent Conferences
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in a elementary classroom setting is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $70,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree