BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Fremont Lower is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary School Teacher (4rd Grade) for the coming school year! What We're Looking For
Our Primary School Teachers, also knows as Learning Expert Teachers (LETs), cultivate a culture of joyful learning as they co-create with the students. LETs at the elementary level customize education to meet the individual needs of each student. Our teachers love teaching, and our students love learning. Guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support, our elementary teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education, with personalized attention.Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As one of two teachers in the elementary classroom, Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) are responsible for one classroom of students-all day, every day-and work with the Subject Expert Teacher to find the best ways to deliver lessons, engage students, and create an environment where students will understand, and retain, what they learn in class. LETs utilize expertise in different pedagogical methods to provide individual or small group instruction to meet the different needs of students, while also establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to achieve an optimal learning atmosphere in the classroom.Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Essential Teacher Qualifications
- Evaluating students' academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records, and preparing progress reports.
- Communicating with parents via email, conferences, and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the BASIS Independent Schools culture.
- Identifying student needs and cooperating with the Subject Experts or other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervising students during classroom transitions through the day.
- Able to differentiate instruction
- Able to create positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Able to engage students in rigorous content
- Skilled in classroom management (high warm and high firm)
- Has excitement, joy and passion for teaching kids and personal development/learning
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with kids, employees, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Well organized
- Has a strong work ethic and "do whatever it takes" mind set
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Demonstrated success in student achievement, child development and classroom management. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a classroom teacher is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods. Benefits
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is 55K-70K.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary