Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
Sagemont Preparatory School is seeking a mathematics teacher to support our high school students for the 2023/2024 academic year. As a Sagemont teacher, you must be enthusiastic, warm and have excellent communication skills. You must be able to explain complex concepts in an engaging way to our students. We're also looking for someone who can work independently and prioritize tasks according to their importance. If you're passionate about teaching, we want to hear from you.
- Educate students in advanced mathematics topics
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs
- Monitor and assess student progress.
- Maintain close communication with the principal and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to: Parent/Student Orientation, Spring/Winter Programs, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Conferences, School and Department Meetings, and Teacher Training
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
A bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in a field of study in or related to mathematics
At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the middle school level.
Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
Strong organizational and time management skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree