Spring Education Group's Early Childhood Education Division includes nearly 150 schools offering services from infant care through Pre-K/K programs, as well as summer camp and after-school programs. Our locations span a nationwide geographic footprint and a diverse array of pedagogical approaches - including our proprietary Links to Learning curriculum that draws from the collective expertise of renowned early-age educators such as Dewey, Piaget and Vygotsky; Montessori schools that embrace both accredited Montessori methods - AMI (Association Montessori Internationale) and AMS (American Montessori Society); and progressive language immersion programs in Mandarin and Spanish.
Chesterbrook Academy, part of the Spring Education Group family of schools, is seeking passionate educators who ignite a fire within their students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child's unique educational journey.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the health and safety of all students, including supervising all students assigned to their group and keeping the learning environment neat and organized.
- Assist the lead teacher with selecting developmentally appropriate materials to include in the classroom.
- Communicate with parents/guardians daily, providing detailed updates on their student's day, including information about what their student ate, challenging behaviors, and bathroom habits.
- Submit required reports and documents in a timely manner.
- Exhibit behavior management consistent with Chesterbrook Academy's philosophy.
- Respond to the individual needs and learning styles of children.
- Assist students with mealtime and snack time activities.
- Engage and communicate frequently with children throughout the day using positive developmentally appropriate language.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must successfully clear a criminal background check with exemptions
- Comply with all state education and licensing standards
- Preferred completion of DCF 45 Hours with completed Tests
It Takes A Village...
We are more than just a school - we are a community! Our goal is to uplift each other, work together, and uphold our guiding educational philosophy, providing the perfect balance of learning and play®. We partner with parents by engaging in consistent communication and providing daily snapshots of their child's day, inviting them to be a part of the Chesterbrook Academy experience, as well. We embrace a culture of care - physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, both in and out of the classroom.
- 93% Parent Satisfaction
- Well-Rounded, Research-Based Curriculum
- Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
- Paid Holidays and Sick Days
- No Nights or Weekends
- Education and Professional Development Assistance
- Enrollment Discount for your child(ren)
But wait, there's more...
ChesterbrookAcademy SpringEducation Group
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly