BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper is seeking qualified candidates for an Academic College Counselor for the coming school year! What We're Looking For
The main role of the successful applicant will be working very closely with our 11th and 12th grade students as they begin to consider and plan their college and career choices. The successful applicant will meet regularly with individual students, groups of students, their parents, and college representatives. Position Qualifications
Experience working in a private high school, at least two years as a College Counselor; experience with Scoir is preferred.
A Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred. Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
A successful applicant must demonstrate a high level of academic attainment and experience working in a high school or other academic setting. Beyond this, strong communication skills in speaking with parents, students, admissions officers and colleagues are essential as is the ability to elicit (not simply edit) competitive application essays and write exceptional letters of recommendation. Finally, a successful applicant will be flexible and work well in a fast-moving team environment. Additional Qualifications
- Ability to build excellent rapport and productive relationships with high-school students
- Work effectively in a small team environment with a "can-do-anything" mindset
- Knowledgeable of the U.S. college admissions process and a proponent of the "best-fit" model as a goal for families
- Ability to build a world-class college admissions and career planning program from scratch for outstanding students
- Ability to resolve productively conflicts among students and their parents about college and career goals
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Salary - Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. The range is 80K-85K.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: High School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly