Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
Who we are...
Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private schools from infant care through high school. The network currently has over 200 schools across 19 states. Spring Education Group brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula. We are a team of highly-talented, passionate, and hardworking professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
Our Legal Team is comprised of four lawyers, a paralegal, and legal assistant located in California and Arizona. We are a diverse and close-knit team, despite our mix of local and remote interactions. We work together to support our growing business and touch on diverse matters including: corporate, M&A transactions, commercial contracts, litigation, regulatory compliance, employment, real estate, intellectual property, and education.
What you will do around here...
Spring Education Group is seeking Legal Interns to support the company on a variety of projects and initiatives, while also participating in day-to-day business activities. This program will give you the opportunity to experience life in an in-house legal environment and develop a business-focused approach in providing practical solutions. The possibility exists to extend the internship into the school year.
This position reports to the Associate General Counsel or the Compliance Counsel and will be a hybrid of remote and in-office at our Campbell, CA corporate headquarters.
You will work with all members of the Legal Team. The internship may include:
- Creating corporate policies and processes, including education-related policies
- Assisting counsel in managing litigation, including discovery and mediation
- Developing compliance initiatives in partnership with the business team
- Supporting counsel in M&A transactions, including due diligence
- Drafting and managing contracts and templates
- Researching legal issues and proposing impactful solutions
To join our team, you must have...
- Successfully completed your first year of law school
- An interest in the in-house legal environment
- Polished written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- A high level of professionalism, confidence, and integrity
- Authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the internship
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Temp
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree