Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
The Sr. Director of Real Estate will be responsible for leading a variety of projects and initiatives, including site selection for new campuses in existing or new target markets, conducting purchase/sale and lease negotiations, as well as managing the resulting transactions. This is an opportunity reporting to the Vice President of Real Estate and requires extensive knowledge of real estate transactions, entitlements and the development process overall. Professionalism, real estate legal knowledge and strong communication skills are critical to becoming a member of the Real Estate team.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Vice President of Real Estate to identify real estate leasing and purchase opportunities and related financial transactions that help create value for the Company.
- Partner with senior management colleagues in identifying and supporting the growth of the Company aligned with the Company's business strategies.
- Build effective relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure that identified growth opportunities have buy-in and meet the critical needs of the organization.
- Prepare and negotiate letters of intent for purchase/lease for review by potential landlords and brokers. Review comments from landlord's/seller's attorney/representative. Work closely with internal and external business partners to define proper response.
- Negotiate all contracts (for new or existing campuses) with variety of landlord/sellers while maintaining on-going communication with counsel on contract status. Would oversee and manage each deal from initial search thru LOI, contract execution to closing or waiver of contingencies (completion of entitlements).
- Apply working knowledge of land use, public policy and local political environments as part of the effort to lead the land use and entitlement efforts for new campuses. Will need to manage pre-development meetings and may act as company representation at public hearings (as needed).
- Partner with internal and external design and construction team members throughout the development process.
- Oversee and manage numerous broker relationships including site prioritization, negotiation guidance and related site tour reporting.
- Deliver presentations to executive team to gain approval for proposed new campus projects.
- Attend city or county meetings, maintain neighborhood relations as needed.
- Lead negotiations for lease renewals to ensure they are maximizing value to the company and completed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in real estate, development or related field
- Must be familiar with and have experience with land use/entitlement efforts, zoning etc.
- Knowledge of all aspects of commercial real estate transactions
- Ability to travel up to 50% to new existing markets for site tours, meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Home Office
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Travel Required: Yes
- Travel %: 20
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree