Spring Education Group's K-12 Division includes nearly 75 schools, with programs spanning Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Across all our K-12 schools, the common theme is our dedication to providing high-quality education and delivering superior educational outcomes through a variety of acclaimed pedagogical approaches. Our private elementary schools provide challenging academics, personalized attention for each student, and strong partnerships among parents, teachers, students, and staff. Our proven curricula and our caring community of educators are committed to delivering superior preschool through 12th grade education.
The Preschool Assistant Teacher creates, manages, and participates in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. The Assistant Teacher participates collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and the collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Assists the Lead Teacher/Teacher with the implementation of the Park Maitland's standardized early age curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines for implementation and demonstrates an understanding of school's educational programs (e.g. Links to Learning, behavioral management, parent reports, etc.)
- Meets and greet children/parents each day in a warm and friendly tone upon arrival and departure
- Encourages students' positive self-image and supports individuality independence, and creative expression while encouraging diversity and varying viewpoints that reflect the local and global communities
- Uses circle time and centers according to lesson plans and provides a balance of activities (indoor/outdoor, large group/small group, etc)
- Assists in creating an educational setting that incorporates individual students' learning, physical and emotional needs by providing materials and activities that encourage exploration and aid them in developing social skills, problem-solving skills, and new ways of thinking
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment, both indoors and outdoors, following all rules and procedures of the school and company as well as state licensing standards
- Ensures that hazardous objects are out of reach of children.
- Provides full supervision of children and maintains ratios at all times, keeps attendance records of children throughout the day
- Disinfects mats, toys and other classroom materials weekly or as required
- Serves food and monitors children observing food intake and needs of children
- Establishes and maintains cooperation with other staff and high level of respect in tone and manner
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as Park Maitland management and operations
- Attends staff meetings, training's and other school functions as required and requested
- Accountable for playground duty supervision, ensuring that children remain in the playground, are playing safely on equipment, and report back inside with their class when instructed to do so
- Assists in planning class parties, field trips, and implementing extended before and after school activities
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Experience & Credentials:
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Must be 18 years of age or older
Currently enrolled or willing to complete Early Childhood Education units within one year of employment
Two-year degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher
Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. professional development)
Previous experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or early development center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction.Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Required Education: High School